How to Do Standing Tricep Extensions with Resistance Bands
Learn guitar chords for FREE through our new game Chord Master: http://bit.ly/ChordMasterYT
This standing resistance band extension isolates your triceps muscles.
Drop one end of the resistance band to the floor and hold the other handle in your right hand. Place your right foot over the handle on the floor to anchor it down.
Bring the upper handle behind the right side of your body and pull it up to the back of your shoulder. Point your right elbow forward and bring it up. Keep the hand behind your shoulder.
Perform the Exercise
Now that you’re standing with the resistance band behind your shoulder, you can begin the single arm triceps extensions.
Single Arm Extension
* Begin by holding the resistance band behind your right shoulder with your elbow pointed up next to your ear.
* Extend the right arm straight up over your shoulder.
* Make sure to keep your elbow in next to your ear as you move the arm up.
* Once you reach the top, hold the position and then return to the start position.
* Repeat this movement on each side in three sets with 15 repetitions.
Double Arm Extension
* To progress your workout, you can try extending both arms at once.
* Hold both handles of the resistance band and step one foot onto it where it touches the floor. Bring your other foot forward in front of the band.
* Lift up both handles together and bring them behind your back and up to your shoulders.
* Your elbows should be pointed forward and up next to your ears.
* Make sure your back is straight and aligned with your shoulders.
* Extend your arms straight up behind your head. Hold the position.
* Lower your arms to the start position together.
* For a full workout, repeat this movement in three sets with 15 repetitions.
Disclaimer: There is no “one size fits all” approach to exercise, diet or weight loss. Please be aware that not all exercises are for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce your risk of injury, consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Mahalo’s experts offer advice that is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling.
Read more by visiting our page at:
++ AFF Link here ++